10.28.2013

living in the: in between


I can’t believe how quickly and yet slowly time is going as I get ready to move to India and embark on this adventure with iSanctuary in 2 ½ months.

Did you catch that: 2 ½ MONTHS.

What a strange place to be: the in between. I am in my job at RH Fullerton till the beginning of December, starting to be present in the iSanctuary office and hitting some of my big event markers faster than I can enjoy them.  Being present and yet preparing for what is next has never felt so hard. Emotions run from sadness to excitement, confusion to confidence and from feeling fear to feeling brave.

It’s hard to really prepare for such an event as moving to a foreign country, into a different job and all the changes that go along with it. Yet I know the risk is SO worth it, the tears are SO worth it, the process is SO worth it and the ways that God has and will wreck, change and grow me is SO worth it.

The love and support that I have already received has been beyond incredible.  How am I so blessed? I have been gifted with a community who has extended grace to me as I live in the in between season.  I have been cared for by my family and friends with words of confidence, care and support. I have been encouraged by unexpected financial and prayerful support from old friends, new friends and strangers. And God has been so gracious to me in my personal doubts, the emotional roller coasters and in His provisions.

And the crazy part is I am still 2 ½ months out. There is still so much to be done: visa’s to apply for, plane tickets to be purchased, supplies to be bought, job training to happen and transition from the old to the new. And of course many more coffee’s, lunches, dinners, conversations, celebrations and days to be present with all the people I love and adore.

So here is my update. The in between has been tough but it makes the daily moments so much sweeter and grander than I expected.

Thank you all for the ways you each have loved me. I surely do not know how to even repay you but shout from my heart how much I LOVE YOU, each and everyone of you.


“Faithfulness requires the courage to risk everything on Jesus, the willingness to keep growing & the readiness to risk failure throughout our lives.” – Brennan Manning

____________________________________________________
A current update on my financial fundraising:
Raised: 33%
Total to fundraise: $7,000 (for the year)


Here is the link to read the ways to you can donate:


And here is the direct link to donate:

Prayer for:
- Visa application process (to go smooth and for it to be approved in a timely matter)
- For all of my fundraising to be completed before departure (in January 2014)
- For peace and moments of rest over the next couple of months
- Transition between old job & training for new job


 *if you would like a support letter sent to you, please email me your address: ohsomere@gmail.com